This weekend in Memphis music
June 11, 2010
Gather ’round, ladies and gents, it’s time for your weekly round-up of Memphis music to wile away the weekend with.
- At the HiTone tonight, it’s the PEZZ 20th anniversary celebration and release party for their new 7″, featuring Tanks, the Westbound and Panther Piss. Cover will run you $10 and it’ll get you a copy of the 7″ for your very own! This one’s an 18 and older event.
- Today on XM Radio you can hear Good Luck Dark Star as part of a Shangri-La Projects mix from Aquarium Drunkard.
- At the Buccaneer on Saturday night, it’s Alex’s Birthday Bash featuring Chinamen, Bulletproof Vests and The Oldest Profession. Show starts at 10 p.m. and it’s free!
- On Sunday at Neil’s, Bill Shipper (“The Singing Analyst”) will celebrate the release of his new CD along with Beauregard. Cover is $5 or free with the purchase of a CD, and the show runs from 7 to 9 p.m.
- On Sunday at the HiTone, check out the Delta Girls Rock Camp benefit show featuring Gasoline Grace, The Warble and the Hot Pink Paperclips (a tween band formed at rock camp). Doors at 3:30, show at 4 p.m. with a $5 cover. All the cash goes to help buy equipment for this years camp to teach more Memphis girls how to rock!