This Weekend in Memphis Music
As usual, the options for Memphis music this weekend are plentiful. Whether you’re looking to brave the heat or stay close to the A/C unit, we’ve got you covered. Check it out.
- Tonight at Swanky’s, Jamie Randolph and The Dark Horse celebrates the release of an EP. The cover is $5, and the EP digital download will cost you another $5.
- Tonight and all weekend around the city, Fusicology launches with several DJ and dance-oriented events. Tonight it’s a launch party at the Art Village Gallery and tomorrow night, an event at The Smoking Caterpillar.
- Saturday night at the HiTone, Rootstock features Black Rock Revival, The Sheriffs of Nottingham and Dirty Streets. The show is 18-and-up, and tickets will cost you $7, or $5 if you bring a flier.
- Saturday night at The Levitt Shell, the Susanne Jerome Taylor Band and The Will Tucker Band will deliver for $18 (kids 10 and under are free). Bring your blankets and lawn chairs!
- Saturday night at The Cove, Star and Micey and Jeremy Stanfill will delight your senses while you sip on an old-fashioned cocktail. The show starts at 10 p.m., and we can’t find any details on the cover.
- Sunday evening at The Abbey, O’Brother, Deas Vail, Justin Posey and Ilia will perform. The show starts at 8 p.m. and cover is $10.
- Sunday afternoon at the Fire House, the Memphis Black Arts Alliance presents Jazz-A-Fire from 3 to 5 p.m. Donations are welcomed and there is a cash bar.