This Weekend in Memphis Music
Now that you’ve had a few days to recover from your extended holiday weekend, it’s time to think about what shows you’ll be heading to this weekend! It’s less jam-packed, but there’s still a little something for everyone. Check it out:
- Tonight at the Memphis Zoo, Plugged In at the Memphis Zoo featuring The Soul Shockers. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with the show starting at 7 p.m. It’s a 21-and-up affair, $10 for members and $12 for non-members.
- Tonight at Escape Alley Sundry, Jeffrey and the Pacemakers play an early show, 7 to 9 p.m. Cover is $5, and the Sundry serves beer and food and has set-ups for BYOB.
- Tonight at the HiTone, Jeffrey James and the Haul play with Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit. Tickets are $13 and the show starts at 10 p.m.
- Tonight at Java Cabana, Valerie June at 7:30 p.m.
- Tonight at the Beauty Shop, Lettuce Rock Concert Series to benefit the Cooper Young Farmers Market. $5 to hear DJs Sean O’Daniels and Saturna.
- Saturday at The Abbey, Charlie Shaw and Nathan Powell will play a show with Father and Son Reunion and Andrew Webster. It’s $5 and the show starts at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at Otherlands, Holly Cole and the Memphis Dawls with Michaela Caitlin, $5 cover with doors at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at Neil’s, Rainy Day Manual plays a 21-and-up show. Cover is $5 and the gig starts at 10 p.m.
- Sunday night at the HiTone, Memphian Steve Selvidge debuts with Hold Steady, who play with the Whigs at 10 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 at the door for the 9 p.m. show.