This Weekend in Memphis Music
If you’re feeling a little slim in the wallet these days, we’ve got a few free options for you this week — and if you’re feeling just the opposite, we’ve got a way for you to listen to live music and support the arts! It’s all happening this weekend in Memphis music.
- Tonight at The Botanic Garden, the Live at the Garden Concert Series presents Memphis’ own Al Green with special guests Robert Randolph and the Family Band. The gates open at 6:30.
- Tonight at the Broad Avenue Arts District, the Broad Avenue Summer Art Jam goes down from 6 to 9 p.m. Junkyard music featuring a Junkyard sound sculpture, art galleries are open — and it’s free!
- Tonight at Cafe Soul, Late Nite Real Soul with Angelica gets started at 11 p.m.
- Tonight at the Blue Monkey, Landon Moore and His Litttle Buddies.
- Tonight at Otherlands, Dave Cousar, Richard Ford, Susan Marshall and Christian Seay, all for just $7. The show starts at 8 p.m., doors at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at the Ornamental Metal Museum, WEVL Blues on the Bluff featuring The Bo-Keys, the Eric Deaton Trio with Kent Kimbrough and the Last Chance Jug Band. The event is from 6 to 11 p.m. and tickets are $15 at the gate.
- Saturday at the Buccaneer, Modern Convenience and Rabble Rabble.
- Saturday at the HiTone, Holly and the Heathens record release show with Jeffrey James and the Haul. Show at 9 p.m., cover is $5. You can also catch Holly and the Heathens (for free!) on Saturday morning at the Cooper Young Farmers’ Market.
- Sunday at the Buccaneer, an early show with the Midtown Lowdowns, 5 to 8 p.m.
As always, we want to know about any Memphis music you’re heading to this weekend that we don’t have listed here, so let us hear from you either in the comments section or through Facebook or Twitter.