This Weekend in Memphis Music
Don’t look now, but it’s going to be August this weekend. What? We know. The summer is flying — and all the more reason for you to make plans to catch some great live music this weekend. As always, there’s a little something in there for everyone.
- Tonight at the Blue Monkey, Ryan Peel — and it costs you zero dollars.
- Tonight at the New Daisy, Alfepado will play with Fuel. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Tonight at Poplar Lounge, Rabid Villain hits the stage at 10 p.m.
- Tonight at the Cove, Cotton and Coal, $5, 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Otherlands, Grace Askew & The Black Market Goods and Richard Ford. Cover will run you $5, the doors open at 7 and the show starts at 8 p.m.
- Saturday night at Deja Vu Restaurant, SouLounge featuring D’Monet, Perry Meeks and Stephanie McCoy. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the cover is $7 before 8 p.m. and $10 after, so get there early and grab a good spot. It’s an 18-and-up show.
- Saturday night at the Center for Southern Folklore, the Daddy Mack Blues Band hits the stage at 9 p.m., 8 bucks.
- Saturday night at Murphy’s, the River City Tanlines are fresh off the West coast.
- Saturday night at Earnestine and Hazel’s, Rob Jungklas CD release party. And it’s free!
- Saturday night at Hutchison School, the Delta Girls Rock Camp Finale concert will give you the product of a week’s worth of rocking from some budding rock musicians. Cover is $5.
- Saturday at Young Avenue Deli, Do it Together Memphis Fundraiser featuring Devil’s Handshake, Brian & the Latest, Lamar Avenue Love, Victor & the Spoils, at 9 p.m.
- Sunday at the HiTone, the Old Forest Jamboree featuring Cotton and Coal, the Memphis Dawls and the Bluff City Backsliders. Cover is $10, which benefits the Citizens to Preserve Overton Park, and gets you a free Ghost River beer plus discounted HiTone pizza. (Yum.)
- Sunday at Otherlands, Susan Marshall, Kim Richardson and Reba Russell. The show starts at 7:30 p.m.