This weekend in Memphis music
It’s August in Memphis, y’all. The heat index is out of control. It’s the perfect time to be in an air-conditioned venue with some live Memphis music. Or, alternately, dancing and sweating it out all night long, because in this weather if you shake anything your mama gave you, the sweat is going to pour. The good news is that whatever your style, there’s a show with your name on it this weekend. Check it out.
- Tonight at Neil’s, Billie Worley, Joy Whitlock and Jeremy Stanfill, Music in the Round at 9 p.m. And it’ll cost you zero dollars!
- Tonight at Minglewood Hall, Beauregard and The Sheriffs of Nottingham in the 1884 Lounge at 9 p.m., cover is $5.
- Tonight at Otherlands, Blair Combest hosts Girls Night Out featuring Grace Askew, Michelle Bush, Holly Cole and Michaela Caitlin. Show starts at 8 p.m. and it’ll cost you five bucks.
- Saturday night at Minglewood Hall, Tetanus and Driving Eternity in the 1884 Lounge. Show’s at 8 p.m. and the cover is $5 at the door.
- Saturday at Otherlands, Three Day Flight, The Weatherfolk and Kris Acklen. Show’s at 8 p.m. and $5 will get you in the door.
- Saturday at 639 Marshall Ave., U-Dig Dance Academy Dance Cafe, 6 p.m. Music, dance, salsa and jookin lessons.
- Saturday at the New Daisy, One Less Reason CD Release Show.
- Saturday at the Buccaneer, The Lions Science with Jeffrey James and the Haul, 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday at Murphy’s, Earl “The Pearl,” free show from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday at Nocturnal, Memphis Electronic Dance Music WEVL Benefit, 9 p.m.
- Sunday at the HiTone, Elvis Death Day Matinee featuring River City Tanlines, The Hosoi Bros and Nehilistics. It’s 5 bucks and it starts at 5 p.m.
- Sunday at Nocturnal, Tommy Hoehn Memorial Revue from 7:30 p.m. to midnight, and it’s totally free.
- Sunday at the New Daisy, TNT Hip Hop Showcase: Hip Hop Takeover, 4 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.