This weekend in Memphis music
The temperatures have dipped down into the double-digits again! This is cause for celebration. Get yourself out and hear some live music this weekend — you have so many choices that it would be easy to make this an all-you-can-listen buffet. You can even support a good cause while you jam! Doesn’t get much better than that.
- Tonight at the HiTone, Rock For Love 4 featuring The Dirty Streets, Magic Kids, Glorie and Skewby with emcee Ross Johnson. Cover is $10 and of course, it benefits the Church Health Center. Doors at 9 p.m. for this 18 and up show.
- Tonight at Poplar Lounge, Joecephus and the George Jonestown Massacre CD release party with Sin City Scoundrels.
- Tonight at Kings Palace Cafe, Memphis Jazz Trio with Michaelyn Oby at 6:30 p.m.
- Tonight at the Buccaneer, Bulletproof Vests.
- Saturday at the HiTone, Rock for Love 4 featuring Lucero, The Bulletproof Vests and Jeremy Stanfill with emcee Al Bell. Cover is $15 for this 18 and up show.
- Saturday at Shangri-La, Rock For Love 4 “Sounds of Memphis” party from noon to 5 p.m. Totally free and all ages, featuring Amy LaVere, Near Reaches, oracle and the Mountain, the Burning Sands and Chinese Lantern.
- Saturday at the Desoto Civic Center, the 8th Annual Memphis Tri-State Blues Festival featuring Jay Blackfoort vs. Mel Waiters, Floyd Taylor vs. Latimore, Karen Wolfe vs. Calvin Richardson and Bobby Rush vs. Sir Charles Jones. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. and the tickets range from $47 to $60.
- Saturday at the Cove, Bluff City Backsliders at 10 p.m.
- Sunday at Otherlands, Cary Hudson of Blue Mountain and Blair Combest at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the cover is $7 for this all-ages show.
- Sunday at B.B. King’s Blues Club, Blind Mississippi Morris at 5 p.m.