This weekend in Memphis music
While we certainly hope you kick things off with a trip to the Memphis Music Resource Center for our open house tonight, we’ve got plenty of great music to fill out your weekend plans. (And if you are planning on heading to South Main, we’d love to see you! Stop by 431 S. Main for wine, beer and good food between 6 and 8 p.m.) Here’s your weekly a la carte menu of musical goodness:
- Tonight at Otherlands, Shannon McNally, Nora Jane Struthers and Richard Ford. Cover is $5 and the show starts at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at Kudzu’s Bar & Grill, Susie and Bob Salley at 8:30 p.m.
- Tonight at Young Avenue Deli, Ivan’s Neville’s Dumpstaphunk with the City Champs.
- Saturday at Cafe Soul, The Lady of Essential Soul: Carmen, starting at 9 p.m. Cover is $10.
- Saturday at the HiTone, Limes Record Release with Mouserocket and Gasoline Silver. Show starts at 10 p.m. with doors at 9, cover is $6.
- Saturday at Minglewood Hall, The Dance of Life Celebration for the Church Health Center. Tickets are $7 at the door, featuring Lightajo, Mojo Possum, Copper Possum, Fresh Hats Tight Beats and The Winslow Family Band. The show starts at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at Nocturnal, Van Duren and the Misti Rae Band at 8 p.m.
- Sunday at Minglewood Hall in the 1884 Lounge, Rising Stars Presents: Amp Up Indie Artists Concert, featuring Tracktion, Kris O., Elle Unique, Porcelan Chalet, Two Fingaz, C.J. Tate, Young Cren, Undenyable, Yung Taz, Jessica Ray, Ridi, Deanna, Lou Writer, Ify and more. Tickets are $10 in advance and the show kicks off at 6 p.m.
- Sunday at Java Cabana, Lauren Strange.
- Sunday at the Firehouse Community Arts Center, Jazz-A-Fire from 3 to 5 p.m.