This weekend in Memphis Music
If you’ve got $100 lying around, we know exactly what you should do with it — go hang out with Booker T. before and after his Levitt Shell show tonight. Of course, we think you should bring us along, too. We promise we’re good company!
Of course, you can always just hit the lawn with the rest of us ordinary folk or catch a bunch of other fabulous music this weekend, no matter your budget. Check it out:
- Tonight at the Levitt Shell, an evening with Booker T. Tickets are $25 (or $100 for VIP), doors at 7 p.m. with the show kicking off at 8.
- Tonight at Otherlands, Star and Micey and Michaela Caitlin, Chris Owen and Travis Cantrell for $5. Doors at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 7:30.
- Saturday at Otherlands, Memphis Acoustic Music Association presents Spencer Bohren, 8 p.m. with doors at 7. Cover is $12, or $6 if you’re lucky enough to be a card-carrying student.
- Saturday at Murphy’s, Gasoline Grace and Mark Akin.
- Saturday at the Blue Monkey, Jeremy Stanfill.
- Saturday at the Buccaneer, Paul Taylor and Friends.
- Saturday on Park Avenue, the Southern Heritage Classic parade featuring area high school marching bands. Kicks off at 10 a.m.
- Saturday at First Congo Church, Eroica Ensemble featuring guest artist Stanley Drucker. Show at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday at Whitehaven High School’s stadium, the TYSON Classic Battle of the Bands at 10 a.m. Tickets are $7 in advance, $10 at the door. The best bands in the region plus show-stopping dance routines.
- Saturday at the HiTone, The Dirty Streets, Richard James and the Special Riders, Can Can, 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Minglewood, Blackberry Wednesday, Eyes Around, Chosen View.
- Saturday at Neil’s, The Van Duren Gruop, The Near Reaches, 9 p.m.
- Sunday at the HiTone, Flaming A’s, Mouserocket at 5 p.m.
- Sunday at Huey’s Midtown, Dave Cousar’s Group, 4 to 7 p.m.