This weekend in Memphis music
When fall hits the festivals just keep on coming, and we certainly are not going to complain about it. What’s not to love about a conglomeration of food, beverages, crafty things and live music all in one place? And if you’re not feeling fest-y, there’s plenty of regular old live music for you, too. Check it out:
- Tonight at Otherlands, Christian Seay, Arrah and the Ferns and Kris Acklen. Show starts at 8 p.m., doors open at 7 p.m. and it’ll cost you $5.
- Tonight at Old Whitten Tavern, Bob and Susie Salley kick things off at 8:30 p.m.
- Tonight at the Levitt Shell, Ruthie Foster at 7:30 p.m.
- Tonight at Minglewood Hall’s 1884 Lounge, the aftershow with The Dirty Streets.
- Tonight at the Blue Monkey, Rockasaurus Rex.
- Saturday at The Cove, Bluff City Backsliders, 10 p.m.
- Saturday in Cooper Young, Cooper Young Fest kicks off at 9 a.m. and runs til 7 p.m., with music starting around noon. Check out the line-ups for each of the stages on the CY Fest site.
- Saturday at Minglewood Hall’s 1884 Lounge, the aftershow with The City Champs.
- Saturday at the Levitt Shell, Hattiloo Theater presents music from “The Whiz.” The show starts at 5 p.m.
- Saturday at Cafe Soul, D. Monet and the Ess Tribe. Doors open at 9 p.m., with a $10 cover (or $5 if you get there before 10).
- Saturday at Escape Alley Sundry, Star and Micey with Aron Shiers, 7 p.m.
- Saturday at The Buccaneer, Sin City Scoundrels, The Gun Show.
- Sunday at Neil’s, Rainy Day Manual and Mobley at 9 p.m.