This weekend in Memphis music
Remember that time we all collectively blinked and it became October? We’re not sure how that happened, exactly, but what we do know is that you should probably celebrate the arrival of the tenth month with some live music this weekend. Capiche?
- Tonight at the Levitt Shell, Ryan Peel rocks this fabulous weather for free at 7:30 p.m.
- Tonight at the HiTone, El Dorado and the Ruckus record release party with Dirty Streets and The Gunslingers, 10 p.m., $5.
- Tonight at the Cannon Center for the Performing Arts, IRIS Orchestra with Yo-Yo Ma, 7:30 p.m.
- Tonight at Otherlands, Rob Jungklas Trio featuring Richard Ford and KHaze, 8 p.m., $5.
- Saturday at the P&H, Illphonics and Speakerboxx.
- Saturday at The Edge Coffee House, The Vignettes.
- Saturday at Otherlands, the Memphis Acoustic Music Association presents L’Esprit Creole. Show’s at 8 p.m. and the cover is $12 (or $6 for students).
- Saturday at Neil’s, Blackberry Wednesday at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at The Cove, The Sultanas, 10 p.m. with a $5 cover.
- Saturday at the Hi-Tone, River City Tanlines with Panther Piss, 10 p.m., $6.
- Saturday at the Levitt Shell, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday at the Rumba Room, Basement Soul Lounge Featuring Keia Johnson. Doors at 7 p.m., cover is $10.
- Sunday at the Old Millington Winery, Memphis Songwriters Association showcase from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday at Idlewild Presbyterian Church, the Bach concert series kicks off at 4 p.m. Tickets are $10.
- Sunday at the Levitt Shell, Keith Sykes at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday at The Cove, Jazz with the Broad Avenue 3 at 8:30 p.m.