This weekend in Memphis music
It’s still Downtown Dining Week, so why not grab some grub for $20.10 and hit a show this weekend? There’s plenty to choose from! Check out a selection of what’s going down over the next few days:
- Tonight at The Vine, Marcela Pinilla’s CD release party featuring DJ Colette Means and a performance by Orquesta Caliente. Things get started at 8 p.m. and it’ll cost you $6 to get in, or for $10 you can grab a copy of the EP as well.
- Tonight at Nocturnal, Wampa gets things going at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at the Buccaneer, Good Luck Dark Star celebrate the release of their new vinyl 7″ with a show that starts at 10 p.m., featuring the Perfect Vessels.
- Tonight at Otherlands, Jimmy Davis, Rob Jungklas and Erin Miley. Music starts at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at the HiTone, Magic Kids return home for a show with Bosco Delrey, Bake Sale, Kruxe and Judith Stevens. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show starts at 9.
- Saturday at Murphy’s, the Rock City Angels and MouseRocket get started at 11 p.m.
- Saturday at the HiTone, Colour Revolt and Snowglobe start rocking at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the Center for Southern Folklore Store, Lisa Lambert & the Pine Ridge Boys and Star and Micey, 7 p.m.
- Saturday at Nocturnal, Electrocity vs. Trouble and Bass, starting at 10 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 at the door.
- Sunday at Tsunami, an intimate concert and silent auction featuring appetizers and live music by Amy Lavere, Holly Cole and the Memphis Dawls, String Theory and J.D. Reager. Cover is $20, and all proceeds go to benefit Shelby County veterans.
- Sunday at Neil’s, Cousar & Co. from 4 to 7 p.m.