This weekend in Memphis music
Happy almost new year, y’all! We’re keeping it simple this week. Do you want to ring in 2011 with some Memphis music? We’ve got you covered. Here’s a menu of options for starting your year off the right away:
- At Neil’s, Blackberry Wednesday, Darling Parade and Chosen View for $10, 21 and over. Things get started at 9 p.m.
- At the HiTone, Harlan T. Bobo with Jack O. and the Tennessee Tearjerkers get the party going at 10 p.m. It’s $8 to party, an 18 and up show.
- At the P&H Cafe, “These Go to 2011” featuring Chinamen, The Oldest Profession, Hosoi Bros., Blackset and Youniverse. Things get started at 9 p.m. and there will be giveaways and a champagne toast.
- At Newby’s, the second annual Zoo Year’s Eve with Zoogma and This is Art. It’s a 21-and-up show and it’ll cost you $15.
- At Dan McGuinness Pub, the Bad Dog Ball, a fundraiser for Rock 103’s John ‘Bad Dog’ McCormack.
- At Kudzu’s, New Year’s Eve Party with Bob and Susie Salley, gets going at 9 p.m.
- At Huey’s Midtown, Earl the Pearl and his blues band from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- At Hadley’s Pub, New Year’s Eve Bash with Brian Johnson starts at 9 p.m.
- At Nocturnal, Bearfeat, Sudden Organs, Kat Malone, Frankie LaFemme and Sadie J. Byrd. Just $5 and things get going at 9 p.m. It’s a 21 and over show.
- At Handy Pavilion downtown, Rock Sugar goes on stage around 10 p.m. and it’s totally free. Just need to be 21.
- At the Poplar Lounge, DJ Willow will spin you into 2011 for free.