This weekend in Memphis music
It’s supposed to snow! Did you hear? Did you? Of course, the fact that snow is predicted probably means it won’t snow. That it won’t even think about snowing. That, in fact, it will be unseasonably warm and restaurants across town will set out tables and chairs on their patios. But this is all probably a good thing, because this weekend is so jam-packed with fantastic live music that you really wouldn’t want some pesky snow getting in the way of you and these bands. Here’s just a selection of what’s going down:
- Tonight at Nocturnal, the 1st Annual Elvis Birthday Bash with special guest Sonny Burgess at 6 p.m.
- Tonight at the Buccaneer, Jump Back Jake and The Echo-Friendly.
- Tonight at Neil’s, Copper Possum, Lightajo and Beauregard, 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the P&H, Paulus Bunion, Marcella Simien and Holly Cole.
- Saturday at The Ozone, the Trey Jewell Band plays from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Saturday at the HiTone, DJ Buck Wilders and the Hook-Up, 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Cannon Center, Memphis Symphony Orchestra presents Elvis Birthday Pops. The show starts at 8 p.m. and the tickets start at $28.
- Saturday at the New Daisy, Gorrilla Productions presents Battle of the Bands with Hits Teh Fan, Once Is Last, High Life, Losing Streak, Eternity Within Reach, Judgements, Then He Rose, Nuclear Bubble Wrap, The Truth Lies Beneath, Disembrace and Haywood Drive. Doors open at 6:30.
- Sunday at Huey’s Southwind, Memphis Soul Revue starts at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday at Huey’s on Poplar, Jeffrey and the Pacemakers from 8:30 p.m. to just after midnight.