This weekend in Memphis music
If you’re as sad to see the snow melt as we are, we’ve got a suggestion for you — celebrate the safe, snow-free roads by heading out and catching some live music this weekend? Are you sold yet? Doesn’t take much to sell us on the idea, either, especially when there’s so much good stuff happening. Check out a selection of your Memphis music for the weekend:
- Tonight at Zodiac Restaurant and Lounge, Teflon Don’s Capricorn Birthday Bash kicks off at 9 p.m. featuring Teflon Don, Miami Mike, Darrel Kiedo and Big Sue. Cover is $5 for Capricorns and $10 for all others.
- Tonight at Minglewood Hall’s 1884 Lounge, Grace Askew, Davis Coen, Eric Hughes and Guy Venable. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the cover is $8 for this 18 and up show.
- Tonight at the Center for Southern Folklore, Hip Hop Happy Hour featuring Artistik Approach, Ify, Knowledge Nick, UndenYable at 10 p.m.
- Tonight at the Buccaneer, City Champs featuring Felix Hernandez.
- Saturday at the Poplar Lounge, True Sons of Thunder.
- Saturday night at The Vine, Basement Soul Lounge features Avery Sunshine. Doors open at 8 p.m., music starts at 9 and it’ll cost you $10.
- Saturday at the Young Avenue Deli, Please Listen to My Demo featuring Taktix, Dutchess, Reggie Bean, Preauxx, Cities Aviv, Total Savage
- Saturday at the P&H Cafe, The Oldest Profession.
- Saturday at Mollie Fontaine’s, Amy Lavere plays at 11 p.m.
- Saturday at the Cove, Richard James and the Special Riders.
- Saturday at the New Daisy, New Daisy’s 8 featuring Kimberlie Helton Band, LaChell Rea Band, Swampkatz Band at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at the Blue Monkey, Ryan Peel.
- Saturday at Dru’s Place, Seeing Red from 9 p.m. to midnight.
- Sunday at the Poplar Lounge, Sudden Organs.