This weekend in Memphis music
If you’ve already failed at keeping all your new year’s resolutions, why not make a new one? (And yes, that is totally legal, because we said so.) Resolve to see more live music this year. This is a win-win, y’all. You will a.) get to see more live music and b.) have the most easy-to-keep resolution in the history of resolutions! Here’s a delectable menu of local delights for you to sample this weekend to get yourself started on the right foot.
- Tonight at the Hi Tone, $12 at the door for Skewby, who opens for Freddie Gibbs, Rockwell Knuckles, Pat24Seven and Austin Wyatt at 10 p.m.
- Tonight at the Poplar Lounge, Socialist Party with Buck Wilder & the Hook Up, Girls of the Gravitron, Bosco Delrey and 3D Acid Glasses. The show starts at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at Blue Monkey, Memphis Rejects.
- Tonight at the New Daisy, Absentease featuring Heroines of Yesterday and Lately David. Things kick off at 7 p.m. Tickets are $11.
- Tonight at Blues Hall, Patrick Dodd Band plays from 8 p.m. to midnight.
- Tonight at Murphy’s, Bang Tango with Virginia Grant. Cover is $7, doors at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at the Brooks Museum of Art, Harlan T. Bobo will serenade you as you check out art from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Saturday at Dru’s Place, Carol Plunk.
- Saturday at the Cove, Bluff City Backsliders presents “A Musical Experiment with Body Movement, Joy and Syncopation.” The show starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Dan McGuinness Pub, No Hit Wonders.
- Saturday at the Flying Saucer, Delta Stone at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday at the Poplar Lounge, Alex Whitney plays at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the P&H Cafe, The Hazy Skies with the Heavy Eyes at 10 p.m.
- Sunday at Huey’s Downtown, the Soul Shockers will perform at 8:30 p.m.