This weekend in Memphis music
There are so many MRC members with gigs this weekend that it’s impossible for us here at the MMF to make it out to all of them — and we wish we could! So do us a solid and catch some live music this weekend? It does a body good. We swear.
- Tonight at Otherlands, The Ho Ho Ho’s, Susan Marshall, Kim Richardson and Reba Russell. Cover is $5 and things get started at 7:30 p.m.
- Tonight at Neil’s, Swagger and Young Guns. Things get going at 10 p.m.
- Tonight and Saturday at the Beale Street Tap Room, Ghost Town Blues Band at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at the Buccaneer, John Paul Keith & the One Four Fives tear it down at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Poplar Lounge, Adversary, Lollipop Factory and Two for Flinching at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Blue Money (midtown), Rockasaurus Rex, and it’ll cost you $5.
- Saturday at the HiTone, River City Tanlines with The Dirty Streets and Sweet Eagle. Cover is $7 and doors open at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at Otherlands, The Perfect Vessels, Brad Pounders and J.D. Reager, just $5 with doors at 8 p.m.a nd the music starting at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at The Cove, the Yazoo Shakes bring their funky instrumental sound at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Murphy’s, True Sons of Thunder, Overnight Lows. Show starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Minglewood Hall’s 1884 Lounge, The Sheriffs of Nottingham play with Heavy Eyes at 9 p.m.
- Sunday at the HiTone, Jeffrey and the Pacemakers play an afternoon show, starting at 4 p.m.
- Sunday at the HiTone, Wakarusa Winter Classic with The Yeti Farmers, Lighatjo, Devil Train and Copper Possum.
- Sunday at the Buccaneer, Socialist Party Benefit Show with ViGNETTES, kruxe and Bake Sale. Cover is just $3 and it starts at 9 p.m.