This weekend in Memphis music
After last weekend’s incredible weather, you’re probably considering going into hibernation this weekend to stay out of these frigid temperatures. Trust us, we are too. But why not stay warm with a few hundred of your closest friends by hitting a show this weekend? Dancing creates body heat. That’s just science. Here’s some choices for you to peruse:
- Tonight at the Flying Saucer, Lamar Avenue Love, the show starts at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at Wet Willie’s, the Sofa Kings Band plays from 8 p.m. to midnight.
- Tonight at Otherland’s, The Weather Folk and Kris Acklen, $5, show will start at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at Hi-Tone Cafe, Good for Nothing Records Rollout Party with Unbeheld, Galaxicon, Saurus, Tanks and Chinamen, $5, doors open at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at Neil’s, JP & the Jack Rollers, music starts around 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the P&H, Andrew Bryant and Theodore, free show will start around 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Newby’s, Captain Midnight and Copper Possum.
- Saturday at Poplar Lounge, Sleepy J Barksdale, Knowledge Nick,Cities AVIV and Black Heart, $5, things kick off at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Buccaneer, The Gringos and Dragoon, $5, music starts around 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Otherland’s, Mark Akin, Holly Cole, Mark McKinney and Bryan Hartley, show starts at 8 p.m.
- Saturday at Neil’s, Ashley McBryde and Andrew Scott Newton, show starts around 9 p.m.
- Saturday at Hi-Tone Cafe, Jimbo Mathus & Tri-State Coalition, $10, doors open at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Cove, The Flamin A’s, show starts around 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the Blue Monkey, 19 Stone.
- Saturday at The Dairy, Cheap Time, Heavy Cream and Bake Sale, donations accepted, show will start at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Cafe Soul, it’s a birthday celebration for February babies with Shunta, Candy Fox, Keri Lee and more. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at The Beauty Shop, Amy LaVere will play at 9:30.