This weekend in Memphis music
The month of March brings tons of awesome musical happenings in Memphis. We’ve got the Live From Memphis Music Video Showcase next weekend plus our second annual MRC workshop with Martin Atkins. Fareveller Music Festival is making its inaugural run late in the month. We’ll be traveling to SXSW in Austin in about a week to support the Memphis bands taking their show on the road. And of course, there’s all the good music that happens here every single night of the week. Check out some of the shows on offer this weekend:
- Tonight at the New Daisy, Moon Zoo, Hits the Fan, The Doorknobs, and Room 25. Tickets are $10.
- Tonight at Escape Alley Sundry, The Andrew Cabiago Band with Ping D. Rose and the Criminals & J.W. Williams.
- Tonight at Flying Saucer, Tax Brandywine plays at 9:30 p.m.
- Tonight at Neil’s, Audra Brown at 10 p.m.
- Tonight at Young Avenue Deli, Diamonds in the Bluff present: Quickie Mart with Cities Aviv, Redeye Jedi and Knowledge Nick. 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday at The Edge Coffeehouse, Butch Mudbone.
- Saturday at Newby’s, celebrate Cinco De Marzo with a live Mariachi band, Los Cantadores.
- Saturday at The Poplar Lounge, Cult of Flag, Kill J, and Sanguime.
- Saturday at the Blue Monkey, Raymond’s Last Day.
- Saturday at Escape Alley Sundry, Richard James & the Special Riders with Rind Stars and Nykkoa Morris. It’s from 2 to 5 p.m. and it’s a benefit for our friends at Rock’n’Romp. A $10 bill will get you in the door and support the cause. Of course, bring the kids!
- Saturday at the New Daisy, Streetlight Manifesto with Terrible Things, A Loss for Words, and Larry & His Flask. Show starts at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at Young Avenue Deli, Nickel and the Bi-Polar Bears at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at Neil’s, Brittany Russell and the Trunk Monkeys get it going at 8 p.m. to open for Reba Russell at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at Newby’s, ZOOGMA, The Werks, and White Noise at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at Wet Willie’s, Patty Harper and the Faultline Band play from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday at the HiTone, Holly and the Heathens and Harlan T. Bobo, benefit show for WEVL. Things kick off at 10 p.m. and the cover is $10.
- Sunday at Huey’s on Poplar, The Fabulous Steelers at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday at Huey’s Southwind, The Memphis Icebreakers at 8:30 p.m.
Did we miss your show? Let us know in the comments!