This weekend in Memphis music
With South by Southwest happening next week and the inaugural Fareveller Festival happening in Memphis in a few weeks, March is a big month for music. We’ve got a crew heading down to Austin for SXSW, so you can stay tuned to this blog for updates, photos and video from the road as well as clips from the Memphis bands and artists who’ll be playing shows during the week. If you’re not in Austin, though, never fear — we’ve got plenty of live music this weekend for you. Here’s a selection:
- Today at Young Avenue Deli, Devil Train at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at Minglewood, The Incredible Hook with Revolutionary Runaway at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at Flying Saucer, Chad Nordoff plays at 9:30 p.m.
- Tonight at Doc Watson’s, Covershot at 9:30 p.m.
- Tonight at P&H Cafe, Andy D. Must be 21 to enter.
- Tonight at Odessa, Blackset, Yossarian and Projections. Doors open at 9 p.m. and there’s a $5 cover.
- Tonight at the Buccaneer, Rabid Villain and the Candice Ivory Band.
- Saturday at Java Cabana, Steve Lockwood.
- Saturday at B.B. King’s Blues Club, Memphis Def Tonz play from 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday at Blues City Cafe, Brad Birkedahl and the Burnin’ Love Band play at 8 p.m.
- Saturday at Neil’s, 714 with Black Horse North and Amy Jamison at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at Young Avenue Deli, Sherriffs of Nottingham at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at The Cove, Woodenmouth at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the HiTone, the Live From Memphis Music Video Showcase after-party and awards ceremony featuring performances by Cities Aviv, Pterodactyl, Pezz, Parts and Labor and a special guest to be announced. It’ll cost you $10, or it could be free if you’ve got a ticket to any of the MVS showcases happening Saturday.
- Sunday at Huey’s Midtown, Interstate 55 from 4-7 p.m.
- Sunday at Huey’s Poplar, The King Beez play from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Sunday at B.B. King’s Blues Club, the Patrick Dodd Band plays 7-11 p.m.