This weekend in Memphis music
It’s going to be a big weekend for Memphis music with the inaugural Fareveller Festival already in full swing as of last night and continuing tonight at venues across town. And even if you’re not Farevellering (yeah, we just did that), there’s plenty of other options for your listening pleasure and no reason not to get out and put some dollars in the hat of a Memphis musician. (Note: for all the Fareveller shows, you can purchase a three-day pass or pay cover at individual shows, which will range between $10 and $15.) Check out some of the selection:
- Tonight at the Buccaneer, Team Dream cassette release party with Bake Sale, 10 p.m.
- Tonight at the Hi-Tone, Fareveller Music Fest presents Greenside Manners, While I Breathe I Hope, Pezz and The Subteens starting at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at Young Avenue Deli, Fareveller Music Fest presents Andrew Bryant, The Wealthy West (Brandon Kinder from The Rocketboys), Damien Jurado and Chase Pagan, show starts at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at Level II, “Unwind” with Soul Village featuring Rodney Ellis. Starts at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at Newby’s, Fareveller Music Fest presents American Gods, Youniverse, The Oldest Profession, Nicos Gun and Morning Teleportation, starts at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at Cafe Soul, Fabulous Friday with Will Graves & Soul. $10 cover, the band starts at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at The Blue Monkey (midtown), John Sutton gets things started at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at Neil’s, The Memphis Def Tonz in the Music Room, kicks off at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Cove, The Sultana. The show starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Young Avenue Deli, Fareveller Music Fest presents Myla Smith, The Sheriffs of Nottingham, Rainy Day Manual, Jamie Randolph and the Darkhorse and Star and Micey, show starts at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the P & H, Fareveller Music Fest presents Animal Sounds, Holly Cole and the Memphis Dawls, Andrew Kelley Simons, Jeremy Stanfill and The Near Reaches, show starts at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at the Hi-Tone, Fareveller Music Fest presents Rainy Saturdays, Modern Convenience, Death On Two Wheels, Surf City, Bare Wires, Pujol and Turbo Fruits, show starts at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at Newby’s, Fareveller Music presents Electrocity at 10 p.m.
- Sunday at First Congregational Church, Third Annual Luna Nova Concert at 3 p.m.
- Sunday at Neil’s, Fred Sanders Memorial Benefit with Don McMinn, Bradd Webb, Blind Mississippi Morris, Mo’ Boogie and many more, kicks off at 4 p.m.
As always, we want to promote your gig here, so let us know what’s going on with you!