This Weekend in Memphis Music
It may be April Fool’s Day, but we can guarantee you that none of the awesome selection of Memphis music contained in this blog post is a joke. Seriously.
- Tonight at The New Daisy, Brothers of Blasphemy with special guests Bathed in Depravity, Never Forgotten, Cognitive Atrophy, Anywhere but Alaska, Shallow Waters, In Reply and Unforgotten Sin. The show is all-ages and kicks off at 5 p.m. Cover is $11.
- Tonight at the Buccaneer, Good Luck Dark Star and Dragoon, doors open at 8:30 p.m.
- Tonight at the Hi-Tone, Electric 6, The Constellations and China Men. Doors open at 9 p.m. Entry is $10.
- Tonight at Neil’s, Front Bar Friday’s with Eddie L. Smith, Buddy Church, Terry Bailey, Scott Davis and Tommy Burroughs. Show kicks off at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at Neil’s, Audray Brown & Duvault Landing. Show starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at The Blue Monkey (midtown), Rockasaurus Rex. Admission is $5 and the show starts at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at Daily Planet, Memphis Rejects performs. Show starts around 9pm.
- Saturday at Newby’s, Ott with Phutureprimitive. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at The Buccaneer, Modern Convenience. Show starts around 10pm.
- Saturday at Shangri-La Records, Purge Fest 2011! A massive one day sale with performances by Manatees, Youniverse, Mouth Karate and Blew Jays. This free show starts at 1 p.m.
- Saturday at the Poplar Lounge, Alex Whitney performs. Show starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Java Cabana, Paul Ray Thomas Jr. performs. Show starts around 8 p.m.
- Saturday at the P & H, Test Dream with Michaela Caitlin. Show starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at The Cove, JP and The Jackrollers. Show starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at The New Daisy, First Hard Knock Music and Comedy Festival with special guests Phil Psicowske, Rob Love, Latoya Polk, Omar Cobbins, P-Nutt, JSHELDS, Yung Brink and Sweat Da Trax. Its $16 cover for this all-ages show. Show starts at 7 p.m.
- Sunday at Stash House, Bake Sale, The Curious Mystery, Paulus Bunion, David Swinburne and Which Birds. The show starts around 6 p.m. Donations for the touring bands accepted.
- Sunday at Minglewood Hall’s 1884 Lounge, Sickle Cell Jazz Concert and Art Show featuring Gerald Albright and Will Graves & Soul. Show starts at 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m. and tickets are $50 in advance, $55 at the door to benefit the Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee.