This Weekend in Memphis Music
April 15, 2011
It’s going to be a gorgeous weekend in Memphis, and tomorrow is Record Store Day! Here’s a selection of the live music going on around town:
- Tonight at the New Daisy, performances by Endswell, Wake the Fallen, Sinful Saint, Eddie and the Defiantz, Burning Windsor and Collide Over Me. Advance tickets for this all-ages show are $11. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at the Hi Tone, The Radiators last show in Memphis EVER! Show kicks off at 9 p.m. and entry is $30.
- Tonight at Escape Alley Sundry, Jeff James, Tennessee Pines, and Holly Cole and the Memphis Dawls. Show starts at 7 p.m.
- Tonight at Minglewood Hall, Devil Train performs at the 1884 Lounge. Tickets are $5 at the door. Show starts at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Buccaneer, Wooden Mouth cd release show with Wale Fight. Show starts around 9 p.m. and entry is $5.
- Saturday at Young Avenue Deli, El Dorado and the Ruckus and The Subteens perform. Show starts at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Cove, Bluff City Backsliders perform. Show starts at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Half Shell, Lamar Avenue Love performs at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the New Daisy, Iron Mic Coalition 7year Anniversary show featuring The Leaders of The True School with special guests DJ Capital A, Fathom 9, Jason Da Hater, The Derelik Rapper, Duke General Macartheur, Mild and The Mighty Quinn. This 18+ show is $11 dollars in advance. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Flying Saucer, Forest Gras Band performs. Entry is $3. Show kicks off around 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday at Otherlands, songwriter showcase with Michaela Caitlin, Travis Cantrell, Katherine Taylor and Cheyenne Mars. Doors open at 7 p.m. and entry is $5.
- Saturday at Goner Records, Records Store Day Celebration with performances from Manatees and Limes. Store opens at 11 a.m. for Record Store Day specials and %10 off everything in the shop! Free show starts in the alley next door at 2:30 p.m.