This Weekend in Memphis Music
April 22, 2011
Another weekend, another fabulous line-up of Memphis sounds to take in — and just wait for next week, when we’ll bring you a special Beale Street Music Festival edition of the blog post!
- Tonight at the Hi Tone, Free the Robots with Glitch Doctor. This 18+ show is $10 dollars at the door if you’re 21, $12 if you’re younger. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at Minglewood Hall, Randy Houser with Skinner Boys Band. The show is $18 and doors open at 8 p.m.
- Tonight at the Beale Street Tap Room, Haywood Drive Performs. Things get started at 10 p.m.
- Tonight at the New Daisy, Revolution with special guests The Hostage, Roses Unread, Vibroslap and Pages. Thisall-ages show kicks off around 7 p.m. Advance tickets are $11.
- Tonight at the Poplar Lounge, Backsliders, Gasoline Grace and Whatever Dude.
- Tonight at Kudzu’s, Bob and Susie Sally. Show starts around 8:30pm.
- Saturday at the Hi Tone, Le Bonheur Charity Battle of the Bands featuring Wampa with Endless Zero, Heroines of Today, Goin Down Standing Up, Modern Slang, Life By Inches and Roses Unread. The show kicks off around 8 p.m. Donations to Le Bonheur taken upon entry.
- Saturday at the Center for Southern Folklore, Kate Campbell will be performing from 7p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday at the Buccaneer, Flashlight, Manatees and Mouse Rocket perform. Show starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the P & H, garage rockers M.F.S.F. ! take the stage. Show is free and starts at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the Poplar Lounge, Unstoppable Juggernauts peforms. Show starts around 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Neil’s, Brandon McGovern and the Vynals Band. The show starts at 6 p.m.
- Saturday at The Cove, Hope Clayburn’s Souls Scrimmage. The show kicks off at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the Beale Street Tap Room, JP and the Jack Rollers. things get started at 10 p.m.
- Sunday at Huey’s downtown, Earl “The Pearl” Blues Band, going from 8:30 p.m. to a little after midnight.
As always, let us know if you’ve got a gig that should be listed here!