This Weekend in Memphis Music: Memphis in May!
This weekend is marks another Memphis in May featuring over 60 acts on 4 stages in Tom Lee Park for Beale Street Music Fest. We’ve taken the liberty of putting the Memphis bands in bold so you can be sure to check them out!
- Tonight at Beale Street Music Fest, Manchester Orchestra, FreeSol, Egypt Central, Will Tucker Band, Grady Champion, Cage the Elephant, Cake, Everclear, Big Bill Morganfield, MGMT, Kenny Brown, B.o.B., Slightly Stoopid, Tommy Castro, Flaming Lips, Jason Mraz, Stone Temple Pilots and Jimmie Vaughan with Lou Ann Barton. This huge event kicks off at 5:30 p.m. and will go on until 12:30 a.m.
- Saturday at Beale Street Music Fest,Travis Wammack, One Less Reason, Lotus, Amy Lavere, Blind Mississippi Morris, Jimbo Mathus & the Tri-State Coalition, Sick Puppies, The Experimental Tropic Blues Band, Paul Thorn, Devon Allman’s Honey Tribe, Hinder, The New Pornographers, Jerry Lee Lewis, Brad Webb, Reba Russell Band, Mumford & Sons, 8 Ball & MJG, Macy Gray, Ludacris, Lucinda Williams, Magic Slim & the Tear Drops, Kirk Whalum, Ke$ha, Otis Clay, Charlie Wilson, John Mellencamp. Music starts at 2 p.m. and goes until 11 p.m.
- Sunday at Beale Street Music Fest, The Lee Boys, Amos Lee, J.J. Grey and Mofro, Drowning Pool, Robert Wolfman Belfour, Lucero, Hubert Sumlin, The Experimental Tropic Blues Band, Ziggy Marley, Eric Hughes, Gregg Allman, John Hammond, Saving Abel, Al Kapone, The Avett Brothers, Cee Lo Green, Sublime with Rome, Wilco, Godsmack, Betty LaVette. Music kicks off at 2 p.m. and runs until 9 p.m.
If trudging through two feet of mud at Music Fest isn’t your thing or you’re looking for something to do afterward, there is still a ton of Memphis music to check out this weekend!
- Tonight at the Hi Tone, Music Fest after-show with Colour Revolt and Arma Secreta. Tickets are $10 and doors open at 11 p.m.
- Tonight at the Flying Saucer, No Control Band performs at 9:30 p.m.
- Tonight at Cafe Soul, Will Graves & Soul lays down the best in R&B, Neo-Soul, and Jazz. $10 cover.
- Saturday at the Buccaneer, Altered Statement and Jennifer Nicely take the stage at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the Blue Monkey Midtown, Nineteen/Stone performs. Music starts around 10 p.m.
- Saturday at the P & H, Verbal Flatulence with Sean K, Ceri Oso, Quake the Great, Cashflow Dolla, Duke, Don Cipher, 24, Truth McFly, K4 and Mr. 420. Show will start around 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the Daily Planet, The Lion Science takes the stage around 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Otherlands Coffee, MAMA presents Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart. The show is $5 and will start around 8 p.m.
- Saturday at Hadley’s Pub, Jack Rowell and Triple Threat perform. Show starts around 10 p.m.
- Saturday at The Cove, Chris Milam & Jeremy Stanfill take the stage around 10 p.m. Price of admission is $5.
- Saturday at the Flying Saucer, Delta Stone performs. Show starts around 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday at Doc Watson’s, Tom, Dick and Harry takes the stage. Show starts around 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday at the Hi Tone, Bake Sale 7″ release party with DJ Buck Wilders & The Hook Up. This free show and $5 beer bust will start around 10 p.m.
- Sunday at Wild Bill’s, Soul Shockers play your favorites in classic soul until 3 a.m.