Memphis music this weekend
It seems to have finally stopped raining, and if that isn’t reason enough to get out of your house and look for some live music to dance to in celebration then I don’t know what is. You’ve got tons to choose from, as always, so have a look at just a selection of what’s on the menu this weekend in Memphis:
- Tonight at the HiTone, Cities Aviv album release party featuring Royal’T, Cannonmen and DJ Leroy. Doors open at 9 p.m. and cover is $5.
- Tonight at Neil’s, Chinese Connection Dub Embassy and Sin City Scoundrels, 10 p.m.
- Tonight at the Center for Southern Folklore, Bluff City Backsliders play from 7:30 to 11 p.m.
- Tonight at Swanky’s Germantown, JP & the Jackrollers.
- Tonight at Otherlands, Michaela Caitlin, Zoe Boekbinder and Shanendoah Davis.
- Saturday at the Buccaneer, Heavy Eyes and Tanks.
- Saturday at Neil’s, Ashley McBryde and Jeremy Stanfill at 9 p.m.
- Saturday at the HiTone, Bass Drum of Death, The Limes, Manatees and The Fuzz. Doors at 9 p.m. and it’ll cost you $8.
- Saturday at Newby’s, Electrocity!
- Saturday at Otherlands, Deering and Down with Aron Shiers.
- Saturday at Murphy’s, Wooden Mouth, Perfect Vessels, Victor & The Spoils.
- Sunday at Huey’s Collierville, Memphis Soul Revue from 8 to 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday at Huey’s downtown, The Chaulkies, 8:30 p.m. til just after midnight.