This weekend in Memphis music
Once you’ve had your fill of pulled pork, ribs and wings at the Memphis in May World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest, head out for some live music (not that there won’t be plenty of entertainment right on Tiger Lane, of course). Stay tuned here next week — we’ll be starting a new occasional feature that we hope will become a weekly staple. A member of the Memphis Music Foundation staff will recommend a particular show and we’ll give you a little more info on why it’ll be a great one to catch. But as always, here’s a quick sampling of your local music options around town this weekend:
- Tonight at the Blues Hall on Beale, the Patrick Dodd Band plays from 8 p.m. to midnight.
- Tonight at Neil’s, J.P. and the Jackrollers and The Sweepers, 10 p.m.
- Tonight at Kudzu’s, Bob and Susie Salley at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday at Escape Alley Sundry, Elizabeth Wise Band.
- Saturday at The Cove, Bluff City Backsliders with Grand Marquis at 10 p.m.
- Saturday at Dru’s Place, Carol Plunk from 9 to 11 p.m.
- Saturday at the Blue Monkey, Rockasaurus Rex gets your 80s party started.
- Saturday at the HiTone, Adios Gringos, The Powers That Be and Richard James and the Special Riders. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Sunday at Huey’s midtown, The Chaulkies play from 4 to 7 p.m.